Friday, August 14, 2009

Apache error_log: mod_oc4j: request to OC4J [hostname]:[port] failed: Connect failed

I found out that the error below was caused by wrong configuration of the security provider of the application opm-public. When we changed jazn.xml in $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/[oc4j_container]/config directory with the correct settings and that solved this problem.


[Thu Aug 13 16:09:08 2009] [error] [client 10.8.192.155] [ecid: 1250172548:10.9.8.44:23073:0:7,0] mod_oc4j: Failed to find a failover oc4j process for session request for destination: application://opm-public (no island or jgroup).
[Thu Aug 13 16:09:08 2009] [error] [client [ip_address]] [ecid: 1250172548:10.9.8.44:23073:0:7,0] mod_oc4j: request to OC4J [hostname]:[port] failed: Connect failed


Did this post help you in any way can you please leave a comment? This will motivate me writing more posts.

12 comments:

  1. Can you please provide a bit more details about how you changed the jazb.xml?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sir,

    I am interested in your article and your experience in OAS/IDM/SSO technology.
    How can I contact you ? (my email is : xtanto@hotmail.com)

    Thank you,
    xtanto

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we changed jazn.xml in $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/[oc4j_container]/config directory with the correct settings...
    What were the correct settings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That depends on your LDAP/OID. Normally in the $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/home/config/jazn.xml the correct settings are set when you configure the Security Provider in Enterprise manager.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the quick response.
    I have one more question.
    Before you updated the jazn.xml configuration file, was the problem an intermittent thing?
    We are getting the same error, but it is not a consistent thing, it only happens sometimes. When it happens the oc4j instance has to be recycled to get the application responsive again. Is this the behavior you were seeing before you made the configuration changes for the security provider?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Arjan,

    can you help me out on this, I get the same error on a default Soa Suite installation (10.1.3.5.0.)
    No OID/LDAP is in use. Can you explain what settings cause these errors and exactly how did you fix it?

    Thanks in advance, Rob

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you solve this problem?
    I have same problem ...
    please get me out from hell T.T

    ReplyDelete
  8. I faced this error several times when I try to connect but I have no one to solve my problem so I was searching the solution online. I applied the above mentioned solution and now the server is connected. Thanks for providing solution to my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cab you elaborate what you changed in the xml file please

    ReplyDelete
  10. what did you update in jazn.xml ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi all,
    I have resolved that issue. the problem with the installed operating system network configuration. alter the DNS configuration.
    the problem will get solved.
    Regards,
    Sidharth M.
    mail2sidh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. check also alert_log on DB

    ReplyDelete

comment